Thursday, November 19, 2009

Copy Cat

"Monkey see-Monkey do"- This is the golden rule throughout this game. Copy Cat is a puzzle game in a style much similar to Factory Balls 2. You'll be using different stencils and color combinations to duplicate the image on the right, onto the empty portrait on the left. Packed with 30 levels of tricky artistic re-creations- Picasso would be proud.

Gameplay: 3.5/5
<- That is why I'm not an expert at puzzle games! I thought this game was very enjoyable and relaxing. A nice mood is set, until you begin bashing random letters on your keyboard because you cannot complete a certain level. But fear not, young grasshopper, help is provided in the game for the weak of brain-power. Even people who aren't huge 'puzzle-game' fans got a good laugh out of this game, screwin' up trying to solve the puzzles.

Visual: 2.5/5

Is that .JPG quality images I see? I mean, come on! The game's pretty centered around art, yet you save your in-game images as low JPG quality? For those of you that aren't aware, .JPG is one of the least recommended image types for smaller images since it lowers the quality drastically. Another thing that bothered me was the actual paintings that you create in this game. They seem too simple for me- They're lacking a point of interest for me.

Difficulty: 3.5/5
Fun? Yes. Difficult? Yes, to an extent. Like I said- you're either the kind of person who "headkeyboards" while playing this, or you're the kind of person who laughs at the simplicity of the puzzles (Although, I doubt you won't be challenged at all). Regardless, this game provides a good time, and offers puzzles of varying difficulty.

Overall: 3/5
I wasn't too impressed by this game, despite the ba-jillion things that show throughout the game talking about how great the game is. The artwork is just not impressive! Who saves an art game's art as JP- oh, I mentioned that already. Well hopefully you all learned a valuable lesson today kids. That's right- never do drugs!

No comments: